Illinois Criminal Defense
Each of our clients cases are handled with special care and attention to attempt to avoid the harsh consequences that they originally faced. Ramsell & Associates has been noted on ABC’s 20/20, the Oprah Winfrey Show and Discovery Channel’s “Justice Files” as well as many other media sources. Below are highlights from just a few of our successful cases in the many areas of criminal defense that our firm handles. You can also read
- ILLINOIS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Many of the clients of Ramsell & Associates have had their domestic violence cases dismissed without fines or counseling. A call to us could help you determine your possible outcome.
- ILLINOIS UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE: A Ramsell & Associates client was found not guilty of possessing a 1/4 gram of cocaine found in his vehicle, because the state failed to prove that he knew it was inside his vehicle’s arm console. Many Ramsell & Associates clients have received a special probation which allows the case to be dismissed upon successful completion of probation.
- ILLINOIS RETAIL THEFT: Clients of Ramsell & Associates are often eligible to have the charges dismissed without a trial when they successfully complete court supervision.
- ILLINOIS AGGRAVATED BATTERY: A Ramsell client was found guilty of aggravated battery against a police officer. The state was seeking 18 months of imprisonment, which the client avoided.
- ILLINOIS RECKLESS HOMICIDE: A Ramsell client was charged with reckless homicide with a blood alcohol content of .33. After the blood test was successfully challenged, the defendant received probation with no jail time.
- ILLINOIS REDUCTIONS TO MISDEMEANORS AND LESSER OFFENSES: Many times, clients of Ramsell & Associates are eligible to have their charges reduced to avoid becoming convicted felons or serving terms of imprisonment.
- ILLINOIS DRUG DELIVERY: A client of Ramsell & Associates who was facing a minimum of 9 years imprisonment and a maximum of 40 years imprisonment had his charges dismissed when Ramsell successfully argued that the police lacked probable cause to arrest the defendant during an undercover surveillance purchase. The client’s Dodge Stealth was also returned to him.
- ILLINOIS AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ABUSE: A trial court dismissed charges against a Ramsell client in the middle of jury trial after the victim witnesses were cross examined.
- ILLINOIS ROBBERY: At a jury trial, it was argued that the photo lineup was unduly suggestive. The jury found the defendant not guilty, avoiding an imprisonment term of 3 to 14 years.
- ILLINOIS BURGLARY: Ramsell attorneys had a client’s burglary charge dismissed after successful negotiations during pretrial motions.
- ILLINOIS AGGRAVATED ARSON: A client’s charges were dismissed after it was argued that the proof was insufficient to prove that the defendant committed arson.
Every case will vary based upon the facts and the law.
Past outcomes are not necessarily reflective a future cases or outcomes.
Please call us for a legal opinion on your case.
Call Us For A Free Consultation